Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Patty Young Pattern Test

I greatly enjoyed being a pattern tester recently. A few hours away from Chicago, Patty Young designs fabric collections for Michael Miller and her own patterns at Mod Kid Headquarters. I met her this past summer and picked up a few goodies at her sample sale.

 Being a pattern tester was challenging and exciting. The challenge for me was to follow the pattern exactly (no renegade sewing on this this one). And to work with only the fabrics Patty sent me from her Lush collection. The second challenge wasn't really that hard (despite my love of mixing and matching from different designers) because the Lush collection has some really great and diverse choices of prints and colors. Both Lauren and Grace got a Chloe Dress and Grace got a Paige Jacket. I really love that jacket, especially because one side (yes it's fully reversible) is sewn with laminates. Grace now owns the cutest rain coat I've ever seen in my life. I learned a great deal from following the patterns and emerged with some new tricks. I've already used the pocket design from the Chloe dress as cargo pockets on a pair of ruffle pants.

Pictures of Lauren and Grace in Patty Young's ModKid designs:
Making it Fun
ModKid Boutique
QuiltHome 1
QuiltHome 2
Hawthorne Threads (click to enlarge small image)

No comments: