Friday, March 23, 2012

Sewing MODKID Style

Today was a sewing whirlwind in my basement. Two sewing girlfriends came by to pitch in for a babysitter for all our little girls and we sewed up a s storm. I focused on 2 new projects from my Patty Young book, Sewing MODKID Style. This book has patterns intended for knit fabrics. The one shown is the banded Tank Top. It features rib knit for the top and straps and a band of rib knit at the bottom. For the middle section I used a quilting cotton to give it a lighter weight summer feel. Two snazzy buttons really dress up the bodice. I made it in a size 6 for my oldest daughter. This dress form is more like a size 3, so in real life there are longer straps and the bottom section shows more. It's adorable.

I made a second one just like this using a melon color rib knit and a chevron stripe cotton print in the middle. I love them both so much. This isn't the first time I've made a Patty Young project and wished I had the pattern in an adult size.

I also knocked out a pair of the Yoga Pants from the book. The design did not disappoint. The fold down band at the waist fits my daughter perfectly and the legs are just the right length and width to really flatter. Again... need this in my size... sigh.

Now I just need to buy more knit fabric!

No comments: