Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Folklore Baby Knot Dress

 I almost forgot all about this one! Brought out of the abyss of photo archives are these pictures of a dress that a dear friend commissioned me to make for her niece. She helped me pick the fabrics. Both of us were in love with the bird print on the bodice and hem of this dress. I forget who designed it (a downside to hoarding fabric is that you eventually forget some details like that!). But I recognize the green Pearl Bracelet.

 Look at that lovely bird...fussy cut to be front and center on the bodice.

When it's for a gift, a Mommy Said Sew tag often finds it's way onto a garment. This one is peeking out from under the ric-rac on the apron. That pop of orange pulls all the different colors together. Below is a picture of the back. Because I love my friend so much, I agreed to the extra work of making this dress baby friendly. The entire back can be unbuttoned and baby can be easily dressed without it having to go over her head. I'm really kind like that.


No comments: